The Company is a global leader in providing information, analytical tools and marketing services to organizations and consumers to help manage the risk and reward of commercial and financial decisions. Using comprehensive understanding of individuals, markets and economies, Company help organizations find, develop and manage customer relationships to make their businesses more profitable.
The Southport office of the Company houses a small team of developers and QA engineers working on a range of identity products.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on best-in-class identity software products and to become a central player in the future development of Company products and processes.
The candidate will be expected to contribute to the ongoing development and maintenance of software applications. In addition to producing high quality code and associated artefacts, team members are expected to peer-review code and artefacts produced by others within the department and to contribute to design discussions held within the team.
The software development team follow an agile development process involving close collaboration with other teams. Team members are also expected to take ownership of the software development process, working together to identify and implement improvements.
As the successful candidate will be expected to contribute to the ongoing development and maintenance of software running on a wide variety of platforms, a flexible, pragmatic, adaptable approach and the ability to learn new skills quickly are essential. Team members are expected to take ownership of problems, driving forward solutions both on an individual basis and while working together as a team; a high degree of self-motivation and the ability to work collaboratively are therefore also required.
Most development takes place using Java and it is expected that the successful candidate will have experience of developing software on this platform.
Key skills include:
- experience of working within a team using the Scrum agile development methodology.
- web service development, using technologies such as SOAP/WSDL/XML,
- development using enterprise technologies such as Spring, Hibernate, JDBC and Messaging (e.g. HornetQ),
- exposure to open source application servers — e.g. JBoss
- tools supporting automated build and continuous integration such as Ant, Maven and Jenkins
- experience of using technologies supporting agile development, such as automated testing, continuous integration, BDD, TDD,
Other skills that are desirable include:
- integrating with NoSQL databases, e.g. MongoDB,
- experience of rules engines
- understanding of OWASP and PCI standards,
- exposure to a variety of operating systems, e.g. Microsoft Windows Server (including IIS)
- .Net technology, especially C#
It is expected that candidates will be educated to degree level or will be able to demonstrate an equivalent general level of understanding of computing and software development.
The candidate will reap the benefits of working in an energetic, hard-working team alongside intelligent, interesting and driven people. In this role the candidate will gain exposure to many aspects of Company business units, offering much potential for development and progression.
For additional details on this role contact Victoria Shubina